1. What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party? (from To The Nth)
In highschool, I was in the musical Footloose. I had a made-up part- Kippy, the little sister (so cool and alternative, right?). For much more of the show than was necessary, I wore a 1970's Suzanne Somers jumpsuit (think short-sleeved, maroon with white trim, lollypop shorts), roller skates and pigtails. Totally hot.
2. What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle? (from Pennies from Heaven)
Living near my family. I really miss them.
3. If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why? (from Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl)
First I would fly to China and pick up my adopted daughter, then we would fly to Venice for a little family bonding, then we would take a train through Tuscany and drink wine and eat cheese (to relax), then we would fly to London where we would live. But monthly, we would fly back to the states to visit family (and/or we would fly them to stay in our super posh flat in Notting Hill).
4. If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose? (from And You Never Did Think)
ahmy. ohyeahohyeah, ahmy. Why? Two words. Rocket trucks. Those things are fast.
5. What is your favorite thing to make for dinner? (from Armendinger Party of 4)
The tastiest thing I've made in a while was Bethenny Frankel's Zesty, Cheesy Mac and Cheese. This recipe is pretty kickass. I don't use soy milk; I use skim. And I don't use dry mustard, because I don't have any. It still turns out amazing.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Andrew and I drove about 8/9 hours from Colorado Springs to Kansas City, Missouri for his grandmother's funeral. I drove the whole way, because, for the short while I tried being a passenger, I was so bored I thought I would die. We listened to books on tape (The Hobbit) and road trip playlists and ate a million snacks, including beef jerky (we pretended we were long-haul truckers). After about 5 hours I wanted to gouge my eyes out and, thus, made a vow I would never drive more than 5 ever again. True story.
2. Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.
I collect Vera Bradley bags. I've loved them since sophomore year of high school, when I got my first purse- a Blue Toile Petite Villager. What ever happened to that purse!? Currently, I must have more than ten Veras, plus additional miscellaneous items on top of the purses.
3. What is your favorite part about being an adult?
Making my own decisions. Like deciding to get a dog or deciding to get my Dyson or deciding to buy two boxes of Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts, instead of just one. Doing whatever you want is pretty great.
4. What song brings a tear to your eye?
Butterfly Kisses. ....PYSCH. That song sucks. What really brings a tear to my eye is our wedding song- You and I (sung by Michael Buble, written by Stevie Wonderful). Remembering that day and missing my husband makes me sentimental.
5. Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc).
Who the heck can remember their first plane ride?? Maybe it was my first trip to Disney World? I was 7. I was airsick.
HAPPY FRIDAY, FRIENDS! My husband may or may not be coming home on R&R very soon, hence the crazy-business of my life. Which explains me forgetting to do last week's MFF, so I'll do that next. Don't count on much blog consistency from me any time soon, but please do continue to love me.
Chai Lattes, hikes and fall colors,