1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?
I like to know where people are from. Then I play "7 Degrees of Separation" in my head to see if I know anyone who even maybe lives in their state. I love the long shot of- "Oh do you know Jane Doe? She's from Utah, too!" 'Oh no...I don't....Utah's a big state." I also think knowing where someone is from can tell you a lot about who they are- their dialect, their personality, their food preferences, etc.
2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?
I'd rather know everything about him. I don't like surprises very much. I much rather like the opportunity to be prepared, to know what's coming. Who wants to be surprised by a skeleton in the closet? Creepazoid.
3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live? London. Great pace. Great transportation. Great history. Great shopping. Great markets. Great people. Great tea. Great sandwiches. Great parks. Great flats. Great palaces. Great accessibility to Europe. Great everything.
4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?
iPhone 4. Internet/phone/music/games. What more could you need?
5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Military. Internet. Music. Puppy. Runner. Reader. Volunteer.